Our Mission – whether providing care management services or mental health therapy, we strive for excellence and adhere to the Practices and Code of Ethics of The Aging Life Care Association and the National Association of Social Workers.
- Our Founder
- Benefits of Mental Health Therapy
- Benefits of Care Management
- Professional Memberships and Licensures
Joanne Stiteler, ACSW, MSS, NHA, C-ASWCM, ASW-G, LCSW, is founder of her Senior Care Organization. Joanne received her Bachelor in Social Services at PSU and her Masters in Clinical Social Work at Bryn Mawr College. As a native of the Philadelphia area, Joanne has provided social work and care management services to clients of all ages across the life span. For the last 20 years she has concentrated on working with seniors and their families. She has held positions of Geriatric Psychiatry Social Worker in hospitals and Alzheimer’s Unit Manager, Social Work Director and Assistant Nursing Home Administrator in nursing homes.
Striving to always bring her best to her work she has completed specialized training in dementia care, family therapy and cognitive therapy as well as nursing home administration.
In Joanne’s words “During my formative years our household consisted of my grandparents, parents and sibling and aunt and cousin. This instilled in me the importance of family as well as an abiding love and respect for my grandparents. Experiencing the wisdom and values of my grandparents’ generation daily influenced my choice in life to seek a profession where I could help others and hear their stories.
While working at the U of Pa. hospital with seniors as many were diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease, my mother also received that terminal diagnosis. While helping families cope I also began the journey with my mother as her illness advanced and we gradually experienced her loss in stages.
Watching the decline and end of life of the elders in my family, reinforced for me that along with the joy that family brings, comes the realization that our parents have made many sacrifices for us. Giving back by making the best decisions with and for them while taking into account their wishes as well as keeping them safe is of utmost importance. This fuels my drive and dedication on behalf of seniors.”
Caring for elderly parents can be extremely stressful. Often there is disagreement in families as well as confusion over the vast array of services being advertised in the community. Understanding which are the more appropriate choices to match the unique needs and personality of the senior needing care are among the services offered at JSSC.Return to top
Benefits of Mental Health Therapy
We are guided by the principal that seniors are valued members of society and deserving of skilled emotional support when needed. There are many challenges that accompany aging and untreated depression and anxiety can result in serious consequences including worsening physical health and wellbeing.Return to top
Benefits of Care Management
Our company is dedicated to compassionate service. Working for many years within institutions, whether hospital or residential facility required a balance be maintained between the needs of the institution and the needs of the patient. Our allegiance is solely focused on what is best for our clients and their families.
Benefits of Care Management Include:
- Personalized compassionate care.
- Continuity of care – oversight of contracted services
- Cost containment – reduce frequent and costly trips from long distance caregivers, avoidance of inappropriate placements, and duplication of services
- Advocacy – Assurance that services contracted are provided as needed and entitled
Professional Memberships and Licensures
- National Association of Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker -LCSW
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy Founding Fellow
- Advanced Social Worker in Gerontology – ASW-G
- Certified Advanced Social Work Care Manager -C-ASWCM
- Academy of Certified Social Workers – ACSW
- Nursing Home Administration – NHA
- Master in Social Service – MSS
- National Association of Professional Women
- Penn State Alumni Association